Gingerbread Cake is an old-fashioned Christmas Cake you will want to bake and eat all year. With molasses, ginger, and cinnamon, it truly has the taste of the holiday season.
- 1 8" inch by 4" loaf pan
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cups 35% cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Meanwhile, prepare an 8 by 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Warm the cream. Set aside.
- In a small pot warm the butter, molasses, and brown sugar until liquid. Stir. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add to the molasses mixture. Whisk again.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour Gingerbread Cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes.hour and
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Unmold onto a wire rack.
- Let the gingerbread Cake cool completely before slicing it with a bread knife and serving.